Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Clean Eating Crockpot Stew

Okay, so I'll be honest I'm a chicken and turkey kind of person. However, I realize the rest of the world is not and my family certainly isn't.

Growing up my Mom often made beef stew.  In my situation, I would substitute with chicken, chicken broth, and white wine.


CLEAN EATING CROCKPOT STEW




Ingredients:

1 lb. round steak - cubed
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 chopped white onion
4 tsp. chopped garlic
2 cups potatoes - cubed
4 celery sticks
2 chopped carrots
1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
2 cups low sodium beef broth
1 cup red wine
1 - 14 oz. can diced tomatoes

Directions:

Season the meat with oil, salt and pepper. Let it sit at room temperature while chopping the vegetables.  Once chopped, add vegetables into the slow cooker. Place cubed steak on top of veggies. Add the broth, wine, tomatoes, and thyme. Cook on low 8 hours, or until the meat is tender. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment