Saturday, April 13, 2013

Things I loved about my dear friend Eric Grodberg...


Things I loved about my dear friend Eric Grodberg...
*how he cared and prayed for his Father during his bout with cancer.
*how he handled losing his father to cancer with grace, hope, faith, and such strength...he held onto God ever so tightly and knowing God would carry him through.
*how he cared for and loved his mother after his father passed from cancer.
*he was a loyal friend.
*an honest friend.
*welcoming and hospitable, from the moment we met him.
*wittiness.
*goofiness.
*yet the ability to have deep, caring and thoughtful conversations.
*leadership, just like his father.
*Godly example.
*his willingness to share his amazing testimony of a flawed man, whose life was changed by God.
*the way he teased me when I cried in a movie with all the boys.
*when I texted him "haha", he always had fun teasing me about that too.
*his dancing skills at video games, haha, wait did I just say that?
*his delicious pumpkin pancakes.
*his love for learning.
*he liked the stars and knew quite a bit about how intricately God made them.
*his NYC stories.
*enjoyed spur of the moment trips with friends.
*his love for ultimate frisbee.
*his determination to finish school and complete his degree, which he did.
*greeting my family/friends when we came into Bubbakoos.
*he loved coffee and his favorite shop was "The Inkwell" in Long Branch, NJ.
*he loved Ocean Grove and telling the story of what it was years ago, and what it became for his parents through their love story.
*I actually recorded the above ^in a video on Eric's birthday one year as he gave my sister, Justin, and I a tour, he told me I wasn't allowed to post it on FB. But he was the best tour guide I've ever had in Ocean Grove, NJ.
*if we arrived late at the 8am service, he'd always sit behind us, poke my sister and I and make us laugh! During service, oops! 
*his love for friends and bringing them together, new with old.
*he knew of my love for cupcakes and told me which coffee shops sold them.
*he'd always take home leftover sweets, my Mom loved that too.
*his love for doing anything to just hang out with his friends - bbq's, movies at a friends, frisbee, out to watch a game or head to the theatre, etc... 
*the way he'd pet our dog Gideon and tease him because he is an adorable little poodle, that I dress...Eric affectionately called poor Giddy, "princess"...I think he got a kick out of me saying he's a boy Eric, haha.
*he had a lot of knowledge.
*his ability to make you laugh and smile, when you just had tears streaming down your face.
*he knew a lot of really interesting things.
*he met people were they were at.
*he accepted people where they were.
*he was the best small group leader ever and made every meeting exciting and encouraging.
*he introduced/brought together our group of friends...without him and his willingness to open his home, there would be no "us", as a whole unit, only single units. We are forever grateful.
*he carried the legacy of his father in so many ways, George, he too was another great man who opened his home and his heart to people.
*he left his own legacy, that will be carried on through so many lives and will forever remain in our hearts...   



Memories, sweet memories...  
















1 comment:

  1. This is Eric's brother Scott. We've never met, but thank you so much for the memories, especially the Ocean Grove tour. As a tour guide he rocked

    ReplyDelete