Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Fit Journey

MY FITNESS JOURNEY



So bear with me these photos are a bit old (2003-2006)... 

THE BEGINNING ➡️ In college, I played a few different roles.  I was a student, a friend, a prayer/bible study leader in my dorm, a resident activities director, youth group leader, youth chorale leader, a student, and on the intramural sports/student activities staff. I met many different people from all different walks of life, from all over the country, and all over the world.  More specifically women of all ages who struggled with self-esteem issues, weight gain, eating disorders, finding balancing in their lifestyles, issues with friends/family, etc... God began to work on my heart and I began to empathize with these women.  

As my passion grew to help others I desired to find a way to help them, not only feel better physically but emotionally as well.  Volunteering with teenagers and working with intramural sports I found that women were not the ones who struggled with these issues. Though my passion was still to help teens and my peers, I began seeking out ways to learn more about fitness and nutrition inside and outside the classroom. Many of the people in this photo were influential or a part of my growth for many years!  There are also quite a few friends I couldn't fit in this tiny Instagram collage, hehe.  

Stay tuned for part 2!  Coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment