Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chicken and Greens Salad

Have you ever tried kale with lemon?  Yum!! I am not sure why I have not discovered how delicious it was a long time ago!  

This recipe was inspired by a salad I picked-up for a quick lunch while I was working. Typically caesar dressings include mayo and anchovies/anchovy paste, I am not a fan of either.  I omitted the 2 and used substitutes.






























**PLATING:  If you are FOLLOWING the 21-DAY FIX plan, be sure to ADHERE to your PORTION guide according to YOUR CALORIC INTAKE.


Chicken - RED Container
Homemade Caesar dressing, Seeds/Nuts - ORANGE Container
Kale, Peppers, Tomatoes - GREEN Container
Parmigiano- Reggiano Cheese - BLUE Container
Whole Wheat Croutons - YELLOW Container (OPTIONAL)
Lemon  + FREE add on


***NOTE:  As you add more dressing and toppings outside of your caloric intake, it begins to defeat the purpose of it being a "healthier" option to BBQ.  For OPTIMAL results STAY within YOUR CALORIC INTAKE and FOLLOW your meal guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment