Thursday, August 11, 2016

We have this {HOPE} as an {ANCHOR} for the soul.

{HOPE} as an {ANCHOR} for the soul.




Yesterday was a long, rough day... The kind where your head hits the pillow at the end of the day and you're glad it is over. 🙄😴
.
I literally felt like everything that could go wrong did and things had changed in an instant. 😔
.
Car problems, doctors concerns, legal paperwork, job changes, long distance friendships with my BFF's, and my body was physically exhausted. 😳 I literally wanted to cry but held it together through appointments.
.
This morning, I woke up with this verse and song in my head... 
.
⚓️ "There is {HOPE} in the promise of the cross.  You gave everything to SAVE the world You LOVE.  
.
And THIS HOPE is an {ANCHOR} for my SOUL. Our God will STAND. UNSHAKEABLE." 💗
.
It is inevitable that the storms of life will come and go.  The waves will cause ripple effects that may last for minutes, days, weeks, months, or years. 🌊
.
But it isn't my job to calm the waves or try to escape them, it is my job to {TRUST} the Lord.  The only one who can calm the waves and walk on water. ✝
.
The last couple of weeks have been filled with uncertainty. There are moments where I'd like to admit I haven't asked God, "why?". But I have. 🙈
.
Today I'm reminded and even convicted pondering the story of Peter in Matthew 14:22-33, when he saw Jesus walking on the water.  The Lord told him not to be afraid, Peter asked if it was Jesus, and He told Peter to come.  Peter saw the wind, began to freak out, and asked the Lord to save him.  Jesus responds (v. 31), "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" 💁🏻
.
Why did Peter doubt?  Why do we doubt?  Do we somehow think that there is another way, as if God hadn't already figured out every detail? 🤓
.
Our plans are certainly not better and if we were honest we would admit that. 🙆🏻 His plans are always better.  Whatever path we may have to get there, the end result when we follow, and seek the Lord's guidance always works out in our best interest.
.
There isn't a detail He has missed, a hurt He has ignored, a pain He will not heal in His way a gift He has withheld, or a promise He has forgotten. 🤔
.
The end result of our trial or the continuation of our ever evolving life story may not look the way we have pictured it.  But I can promise you, it is always better and safer for us when we follow the Lord's leading. ❤️
.
🙏🏼 "But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord." ~James 1:6-7 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment